25 Things About Me
1. I have a serious addiction to anime, graphic novels, and books. This makes me cool in some circles. No, seriously.
2. I secretly wish I could buy tons of action figures and toys and put them all over my house in staged epic battles.
3. I spend too much time on LiveJournal, Facebook, and Good Reads. Well, I spend too much time online in general.
4. I’ve had one short story published in a fantasy magazine so far. I’m working on more but not having much luck yet.
5. I wrote a young adult novel and just need someone to publish it now. You know anyone?
6. I can drink Diet Coke and tea all day long, but one cup of coffee and I’m a wreck.
7. My favorite TV shows of all time are Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica, Chuck, and Mystery Science Theater 3000. I watch a ton of other TV shows, though.
8. I’d like to get another tattoo (I have two).
9. I collect video games like crazy, but I rarely play them all the way through. I play until I get bored, usually close to the end, then I move on.
10. I worked in a Montessori elementary school library and a private high school library in Seattle before I moved to Denver.
11. Halloween is my favorite holiday. In October 2007, I dressed up as Samara from The Ring and terrorized my Seattle students.
12. I review books for Booklist (a professional library mag), so I always have a ton of advance reader copies. I like to give them away, so if you’d like some free books, ask me how!
13. I’ve kept a journal since fourth grade, and I still have all eight zillion of them.
14. I actually liked riding the chair lift when I went skiing for the first time, despite my fear of heights.
15. I hate flying but I like being in new places.
16. I listen to a lot of music: KEXP podcasts (it’s a great indie radio station based out of Seattle); The National; Death Cab for Cutie; Ani DiFranco; Tom Waits; Joshua Radin; The New Pornographers; and Guster are some of my current favorites. I have a soft spot for all music from the 80s because that’s when I was a kid.
17. I read five to ten books a month on average, so I’m good for book recommendations.
18. I used to work at Barnes & Noble in the juniors section. I like working around books.
19. My favorite foods are pizza, Mexican, and Indian.
20. I boxed for several years, did a lot of sparring, and had one amateur bout, and I still have a boxing stand with a heavy bag and a speed bag in my courtyard.
21. My favorite sport is tennis, however.
22. I didn’t think Twilight was all that, but I’m glad that Stephenie Meyer has gotten so many people to enjoy reading.
23. I am a Mac person.
24. My favorite young adult books are Megan Whalen Turner’s Queen’s Thief series: The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia.
25. I like to make lists.